The September issue of Waste Advantage magazine includes an article how technology can be used to prevent accidents and improve pedestrian safety around waste management vehicles. This article features technology available from a number of Safe Fleet brands, including Fleetmind, Rear View Safety, Seon, and Specialty manufacturing.Technology showcased to make streets safer for pedestrians includes smart displays and safety dashboards, backup cameras and around vehicle monitoring systems, strobe lights, and vehicle sensor systems.
The article also lists five main strategies to improve safety:
- Eliminate vehicle blind spots
- Ensure visibility around the vehicle
- Keep trucks in good working order
- Use technology to encourage driver safety
- Maximize pedestrian alerts
Click here to view the entire article and learn more.